Please note the following when filling out the online form:
- List events only for the day that they occur or hours when the exhibit is open. If you would like advance notice, please mark “yes” on the calendar. Do NOT list your event for every day preceding the event. These extra entries will be deleted.
- Every event will be reviewed before approval. Spokane Public Radio staff will remove inappropriate or offensive event submissions. All events are given on-air consideration.
- The criteria for choosing events for the on-air calendar are loosely defined as events which appeal to a broad audience, are open to the public, and have a strong tie to the arts. Submissions are reviewed case-by-case.
- Please provide a pronunciation guide in the ‘event title’ field—this is what we’ll read on air if your event is selected. The first sentence or two of your description may also be included on air.
- If the form says that your web or email address does not look valid, check to make sure that there are no spaces before or after the address. When copy/pasting, spaces occasionally get added to the text. Because web and email addresses do not typically include spaces, the program will not recognize them in those fields.
- Art galleries wishing to have an artists’ reception announced as well as the gallery opening should submit three entries: one for the reception, one for the opening, and one for the ongoing gallery show.
- When announcing a deadline for a call for artists or to register for an event, please create a separate entry for the submission deadline. The arts calendar producer will include submission deadlines typically on Mondays or Tuesdays depending upon the content for the day.
- For recurring events such as a weekly jam night, please limit the recurrence to two months and resubmit toward the end of the run. This ensures that we air the most accurate information available to us.
- Choose the appropriate time zone when submitting an event. The system will automatically adjust the time according to which time zone you have chosen when viewing the calendar. Pacific Time is the default. If you wish to be explicitly clear about the appropriate time zone, please include instructions or a note within the details of the event.
- To edit or cancel an event, please email email@example.com or call (509) 328-5729.
To submit an event with multiple start dates and times (such as a theatre performance or to list business hours to view an art show), please follow these steps:
- Fill out all event information before and after the date fields.
- Select the start date for the recurrence.
- In the 'Repeat' field, choose Weekly.
- Check the boxes next to the days of the week where your event will be occurring and include the start and end times in the boxes provided.
- Select the appropriate end date.
- Provide special information (such as artist receptions or post-show discussions) in the detailed description of your event. This ensures that the information is included and that potential audience members know about special events.
- The system will generate an identical weekly schedule from this list. If, for example, one Saturday of a show's three-week run includes a matinee, you will need to submit that event separately.
- If an ongoing event will be occurring at different venues, you will need to create separate event listings for each venue.
Submit an event HERE.