POWER OUTAGES - Please do NOT call 911 for downed power lines or trees. 911 should only be for life-threatening emergencies. Instead please use these numbers:
- Inland Power: 1-877-668-8243
- Avista: 1-800-227-9187
- Kootenai Electric 1-877-744-1055
- Vera Electric: (509) 924-3800
SPOKANE TRANSIT AUTHORITY Route Detours
SPOKANE SNOW REMOVAL Plan and Map
AIR ADVISORIES: Spokane Regional Clean Air
Spokane city:Report a downed tree in a road to (509) 625-7733.
City Waste Bins can handle branches smaller than 3" diameter. Larger debris can go to:
- Northside Landfill, 5502 W. Nine Mile Road, 8a-3:30p
- Waste to Energy plant at 2900 S. Geiger Blvd. 7:30a-5p
Kootenai County operates two waste transfer stations, open daily from 8 a.m.-4:55 p.m. (All customers must be unloaded and out by 5 p.m.)
The Coeur d'Alene station is located at 3650 N. Ramsey Road, the Post Falls Station is at 15580 W. Prairie Avenue.
OVERNIGHT WARMING CENTERS -- usually open when the temperature drops to 32 degrees or below.
- Red Cross at 1404 N Ash St
- Red Cross at 500 S Stone St
- Red Cross at 460 N Sixth St, Cheney
- The Salvation Army's warming center/shelter at 222 E Indiana, operates from 7p-7a. (509) 325-6810
- Volunteers of America Hope House (single women only) at 111 W 3rd Ave, operates from 8p-8a. (509) 455-2886
- Catholic Charities' House of Charity at 32 W Pacific Ave. (adults only)
- UGM Crisis Shelter for Women & Children, 1234 E Sprague, (509) 535-0486
- Volunteers of America Crosswalk at 525 W. 2nd Ave, serves children under age 18
Spokane Info Link -- notices from low-income services