Spokane Public Radio would like to thank everyone involved in our latest KPBX Kids’ Concert.
- The Spokane Piston & Rotary Club and host Verne Windham.
- SPARC members: John Church, Kit Cutler, Jerry Olson and Leonard Byrne.
- Event donors Harvard Park Children's Learning Center North, Sayre, Sayre & Fossum, Attorneys at Law and Rocket Bakeries – with a grant from the Johnston-Fix Foundation.
- Helen Byrne and Manito Presbyterian Church.
- Spokane Public Radio members like you.
Rearrange the furniture and practice your moves for our upcoming annual KPBX Kids’ Concert Celtic dance party with Floating Crowbar, Saturday, March 6, 1 p.m. on 91.1, stream online, on your devices, or smart speakers.
The Spokane Piston & Rotary Club kicked off the 2021 season of KPBX Kids' Concerts with a celebration of American music Saturday, January 16th at 1 p.m. on KPBX 91.1.
SPARC is a 4 piece low brass ensemble. Performers include John Church, Leonard Byrne, Jerry Olson, and Kit Cutler. They’ve been performing in the Inland Northwest for many years on tubas and euphoniums at a variety of events and venues including previous KPBX Kids’ Concerts. This celebration of American music will include pieces by John Philip Sousa, George M. Cohen, Julia Ward Howe, Stephen Foster, Scott Joplin, WC Handy, Woody Guthrie, Henry Mancini, and more.